Institutional Member Benefits and Objectives
WEAI Institutional Members are academic institutions, business firms, and other organizations that share WEAI's educational objectives.
Benefits to Institutions
Recognition. WEAI Institutional Members are listed prominently in Economic Inquiry, Contemporary Economic Policy, conference programs, WEAI's website, and in a display at the Annual Conference.
Designated Representatives. Each WEAI Institutional Member chooses one to five designated representatives, depending on membership category, to help maintain liaison between its affiliates and WEAI. These representatives receive complimentary Annual and International Conference registration and other special benefits, as well as online and print subscriptions to both journals and all other benefits accorded to individual members.
Job Market. WEAI Institutional Members may use WEAI's quarterly e-newsletter or website without charge to advertise job openings for economists.
New PhD and MA Memberships. WEAI congratulates new MA and PhD graduates from current WEAI Institutional Members with the offer of a complimentary one-year green membership.
Benefits to Affiliated Economists
20 percent discount on Annual Conference fees, International Conference fees, and journal manuscript submission fees.
Complimentary conference registration for Annual Conference and International Conference session organizers who are current WEAI individual members.
Benefits to Students
20 percent discount for individual students compared to regular student dues and conference fees.
Graduate Student Workshop. Only WEAI Institutional Member universities and few select others are eligible to nominate students. Academic and Sustaining may nominate two students; Supporting, three students; Sponsoring, five.
Institutional Membership Categories
- Sponsoring: $2,500 annual dues, 5 designated representatives
- Supporting: $1,000 annual dues, 3 designated representatives
- Sustaining: $500 annual dues, 1 designated representative
- Academic: $450 annual dues, 1 designated representative
- Patron of Economic Science: Patrons of Economic Science are individuals, firms, or other organizations making substantial contributions to specific activities or to general support of the Association. WEAI is a nonprofit, educational corporation, tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax deductible. (Check with your tax accountant.)