Registration + Submission Instructions for Organized Session Paper Presenters
For proper scheduling and avoidance of conflicts, organized session participants need to register and submit paper abstracts by April 1st.
In order to give participants control over their paper information on the conference platform, we now invite submission of author/abstract data directly by organized session paper presenters. The following outlines the complete process of going through registration as well as paper abstract submission. When both steps are completed, your paper will be cleared for placement on the program. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know.
- Create or login to your existing WEAI profile and verify/update the information on your Account tab as this is what will appear on the program -- your full name (click Personal Info), a current email address (click Contact Info), and your primary affiliation (click Relationships).
- Click blue “Conference Registration” button.
- At the beginning of the registration process, answer the three questions making sure to click YES to the question about being in an organized session. This will give you the member rates regardless of your membership status. Click NEXT.
- Next, you have the opportunity to register up to two non-economist guests to attend the in-person conference. This is only intended for non-economists who are not participating on the program, but who may want to attend sessions, breaks, and receptions with you.
- Next, we invite you to join/renew your membership at this stage. Although it is not required for participation on the program, you will need to be a current member to take advantage of the journal submission fee waiver for your conference paper if you plan to submit to EI or CEP within six months of the conference.
- Click through to checkout and continue with the payment process.
- When your registration is completed, you will find the link to submit your paper in the confirmation email you receive, or you can return to your WEAI profile and use the blue Abstract Submission button.
- When you access the paper submission portal, the first question will direct your paper to either the volunteer session pool or the organized session pool. Select Organized Session Abstract Submission, then enter the name of the session organizer who invited you to participate on the program.
- Complete the rest of the submission process answering all required questions.
- After administrative review of your payment and submission, it will be passed through for placement in your designated organized session.