Become an Allied Society
WEAI Annual and International Conferences regularly include participation by Allied Societies. Allied Societies organize anywhere from just a few sessions to an entire conference including membership and board meetings. Whether your group is long-established or simply part of an emerging specialty, WEAI can help bring your members together and increase your visibility within the discipline.
Why should your group consider meeting with WEAI?
- WEAI staff with more than 50 years combined experience takes care of negotiating room rates and function space with the hotel, A/V, etc. You simply submit your complete session information to the WEAI office.
- We treat your members like our members. All participants in your sessions may register at the WEAI member rate.
- You pick the times and dates of your sessions per availability.
- We schedule your sessions in contiguous meeting rooms to the extent practicable.
- We will schedule your food and beverage functions, board meetings, and members meetings, in addition to your sessions.
- We can help ease conference organization during transition periods within your association because your officers will be working with permanent WEAI employees.
Benefits to Your Society
There is no charge to become a participating Allied Society. Participation increases the value of membership in your society by providing your members additional opportunities to communicate their research and interact with fellow economists from around the world. Beneficial network externalities accrue to all societies and individual participants.
- Your society and session coordinators will be listed on the conference website and in the program as members of our Conference Program Committee.
- If you desire to do so, you may hold membership or board meetings, and other special events, during the conference.
- As an Allied Society, participants in your organized sessions register at the same rate as members of WEAI.
- Your society will be highlighted as a WEAI Allied Society and we will place a link to your website (see below).
Place a conference notice on your website (with a link to WEAI) and email your members, inviting them to submit papers which your designated representative(s) organize into sessions. Please submit the sessions to us within the deadline posted on the conference website (see Annual Conference Session Organizer Guidelines, or International Conference Session Organizer Guidelines). We will then contact session participants and invite them to register for the conference. It's that easy!
Recent Allied Societies
- African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA)
- American Association of Wine Economics (AAWE)
- AEA Committee on the Status of Minority Groups in the Economics Profession (CSMGEP)
- AEA Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession (CSWEP)
- American Society of Hispanic Economists (ASHE)
- Association for Economic and Development Studies on Bangladesh (AEDSB)
- Association for Evolutionary Economics (AFEE)
- Association for the Advancement of African Women Economists (AAAWE)
- Association for University Business and Economic Research (AUBER)
- Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE)
- The Association of Private Enterprise Education (APEE)
- Athenian Policy Forum (APF)
- Australian Agricultural & Resource Economics Society (AARES)
- Central Bank Research Association (CEBRA)
- Chinese Economic Association of North America (CEANA)
- Cliometric Society (CS)
- East Asian Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (EAAERE)
- Economic History Association (EHA)
- Economic Science Association (ESA)
- Economics of National Security Association (ENSA)
- Finance ICT Convergence Association (FICA)
- Financial Data Science Association (FDSA)
- Industrial Organization Society (IOS)
- International Co-operative Alliance Committee on Co-operative Research (ICA CCR)
- International Association of Sports Economists (IASE)
- International Banking, Economics and Finance Association (IBEFA)
- International Confederation for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics and Economic Psychology (ICABEEP)
- International Economics and Finance Society (IEFS)
- The Korea-America Economic Association (KAEA)
- Korea International Finance Association (KIFA)
- The Korean Economic Association (KEA)
- Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association (LACEA)
- Middle East Economic Association (MEEA)
- National Association of Forensic Economics (NAFE)
- National Economic Association (NEA)
- New Zealand Association of Economists (NZAE)
- North American Association of Sports Economists (NAASE)
- Philippine Economic Society (PES)
- Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis (SBCA)
- Society for Economic Measurement (SEM)
- Society for the Advancement of Behavioral Economics (SABE)
- Taiwan Association of Input-Ouput Studies (TAIOS)
- Transportation and Public Utilities Group (TPUG)